Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas! (in Lex)

To set off the season we obviously had to visit Santa...

Despite the emotions that this face conveys... Ramsey was pretty excited to go to Petsmart and rather un-phased by Santa himself. It cost about $10 for the picture and a little Christmas frame. Hey, your child only has one first Christmas....

Greg and I decided to celebrate Christmas here before leaving for NY. So on the 22nd, Santa made an early appearance!

Pretty pumped over our stockings!!

Santa filled Ramsey's stocking! (That's a squeaky horse peeking out... every Lexington child needs a horse of some sort!)

Which toy to play with first!?

Santa found our mini tree!

Trying to guess what's in that big present?
A pretty awesome painting of Ramsey done by one of our favorite local artists, Enrique Gonzalas. We had seen Enrique at several local events and really enjoyed his work. I figured I might as well get a hold of him and ask about his commissioned work. He was amazing, did the painting with 24 hrs and was willing to match my budget. I was astonished at how quickly he finished this!! I went to pick it up at his home and had quite the chat with him. He told me how he had been working on another man's piece, a lawyer, but when he saw the picture of my puppy he had to paint it immediately. The puppy had 'so much charisma.' Apparently, not all paintings get done in 24 hours! Much thanks to Enrique!

And with that... we were off to NY in hopes of playing in the snow for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment