Tuesday, November 15, 2011

VERY Sick Puppy


UGH! Tape worms! Poor bugger, seemed to be feeling well this morning. He pooped an almost normal poop, in terms of not having diarrhea however… WORMS! Disgusting. I thought at first it looked like he shredded and ate something white until I looked closer and they moved.. uuuuuugh. I immediately called the vet who said I could come in and pick up a pill. I was informed that they are NOT contagious to dogs or humans (Thank God, if I got a tape worm from this puppy I don't know what I would do! Cry probably..) Apparently they are gotten only through ingesting fleas. Where the heck did Ramsey eat fleas!? Dog class? Probably not since all the dogs there are extremely well taken care of. The vet on Saturday? Most likely not but possible I suppose? Or... the stray cats! It has to be the cats. Ramsey is friends with them, they even let him lick their heads, so we're going to have to put an end to this. Not sure how to either kill the fleas on the cats or keep the cats away. Anyways, the vet didn’t need to see Ramsey so I tossed him in his crate and hopped in the car. It only cost 10$ thankfully.

When I got back, I decided to check out the back yard poops to see if I had missed them before. I couldn’t tell… but Ramsey was HOWLing from his crate inside without having seen me. Apparently thinking he was ok in his crate when we weren’t home was wrong. Now what to do about this separation anxiety? Maybe it was just worse because he isn’t feeling so well? Always something...

No comments:

Post a Comment