Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 3,4,5


Howled. Howled. Howled. All night. 10:30pm, 2am, and 4am. We tried to stand tough for a little while but each time I got up, he had spilled his water and was so frantic I was afraid he would hurt himself. So, crankily, I got up and slept on the couch with him for the remaining 2 hours of the night. Something needed to be done about this sleeping, or lack there of. We were all exhausted, irritable, moody, etc.. Well, maybe I was. I had been adhering to the sleep schedule Ramsey preferred and Greg seemed to fall back asleep quite easily while I was outside with the dog! Sensing my mood, Greg volunteered to take the puppy out the next night because he had Friday off of work. :Phew:

The next night, we decided to try to wire crate (instead of plastic) and put it in our bedroom. I had hesitated to put him in our room, even though they recommend it... because I don't want to have him get in the habit of sleeping with us. But, I can see why the recommend it. It's about staying with the "pack." Dogs are pack animals and crying and whining lets the pack know that the pup has been separated! So, we couldn't be mad for him letting us know we 'lost' him. So we changed up our nighttime routine. I usually go to bed around 10 and Greg stays up til about 11. Now, we decided it was best to go to bed at the same time, keep the pack together right? Could we watch tv? Or would it keep the dog up? We decided to leave it off and try to get some rest. He slept extremely well! Not to jinx ourself we didn't get too excited, he had slept well night one down stairs also... (Figures he would sleep through the whole night on the night Greg volunteers to take him out!) Oh well, still satisfied with the 7 hours of sleep we got instead of the 5-6.

Friday is my busy day and Greg's day off. Daddy-Puppy bonding! From what I can tell, it went well. I came home to a wagging tail and the two of them lounging on the couch together. I also arrived to the good news, there were absolutely NO accidents in the house, not even a little piddle. Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment