Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 2

Our Tuesday morning wake up call came at 5:30am. We were pretty impressed with the solid 7 hours of sleep! The morning routine changed from me waking up and putting on a pot of coffee while Greg gets up and showered for work to... grab the puppy, hustle to try to put the collar on his squiggling, excited body, carrying him while running out the back door to keep him from going to the bathroom in the house. (Puppies avoid going to the bathroom where they sleep, so if their crate is big enough to stand, turn around, and lay comfortably without extra bathroom space, they will hold it as long as they can! But... sometimes as soon as you let them out, whoopsies!) After letting him go, I start the coffee pot and mix his puppy food/water mixture. As I walk to set his dish down he jumps wildly knocking some of the water out of his dish onto my sweat pants, he then leaps and lands in his water bowl spilling it allllll over the kitchen floor. It gets wiped up and I make Greg's morning iced coffee (aren't I nice?), I put my toast in the toaster but the puppy starts to poop on the floor.... so I snatch mid-poo and hustle out the backdoor again. We come in to the aroma of poo and burnt toast. :sigh:

After the morning rush, we settled on the routine of go outside, play, sleep, go outside, play, sleep, repeat. The cycle begins about every hour and a half. I got no work done but anticipated getting it done when Greg got home from work. I got him settled with the hour and a half repeated schedule and all went well. Until... bed time. HOOOOWLed for 10 minutes before falling asleep. HOWLed at 4:30am to go out, and again at 6 to get up. We knew night one had been too good to be true!

Day two was definitely exhausting! It could only get better right?


No comments:

Post a Comment