Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Summer in the North


As promised, a positive post! Although we have been back in the Bluegrass for over a month, I'm just now getting around to sharing some of our adventures.

After the awful trip up (as mentioned earlier), things settled down nicely. After spending a weekend with Greg's family in Pennsylvania, I took Ramsey with me up to spend some time with my parents (and his friend, well I suppose his 'Aunt' Sunny)  in Upstate, NY. 

They got along much better than the last time we were up! 


I think he was missing his Daddy a bit.... 
We fixed his homesickness with a trip to my favorite place <3 Skaneateles Lake.


"Camp" My family has spent countless summer days here since way before I was born.


So peaceful


I believe it became one of Ramsey's favorite places within seconds of arriving.


He was almost impossible to get out of the water!.


After a while, he even ventured to the raft. My mom and I followed him out in our inner tubes, which was a good thing because after climbing up onto the raft, Rams decided he didn't want to jump back into the lake.... Maybe he was too tired? Maybe he's just a baby and got lazy? Either way, he opted to leap from the raft into my mom's inner tube with her for an easy tow back to shore :) Wish I had the camera out there for that one!


After almost 4 hours of straight swimming, Rams still wasn't ready to get out of the lake. 
He was just ready to be held... while in the lake. 

We also got to meet our first 'little person'... we've met others, but not so up close and personal! 


My friend from college, Meg, brought her 12 month old son, Charlie, up for a visit! It was love as soon as Charlie decided to share his cereal <3 I was surprised at how gentle Ramsey actually was with him, considering his lack of self awareness!


No comments:

Post a Comment